Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'M NEW

I'm not new as in a noob, but my website and blog are very new. I'm Sarah and if you want to know more about me, click here.
Now, to start off the very first post:

Yesterday my mom wanted me to teach her how to read a crochet pattern. She was the one that first taught me how to make a scarf all in double crochets, lol, so I thought it ironic that its reversed now that I know more about crochet than she does.

She found this lovely flower pattern on Ravelry.com and said that's what she wanted to make. So, I made a demo so she could see what it looks like. Then she said she wanted it to have more life and not be 2D and plain, so I had to modify it a bit. Then, attached a leaf. When I asked her if she was ready to make hers, she pulled the, "oh, its late and I have to go to bed." She's a stay at home mom, and it was 8:20pm. Haha.
Anyway, after making this flower, I had no idea what to do with it so I made a headband.


What do you guys think? Want the pattern?


2 comments:

  1. My mom is the reason I sew, and craft at all! But, she is constantly asking me to fix bags for her or add pipping.

    I think it is funny b/c I know she can do it WAY better than me!!

    But, I like your headband it looks great, I'm sure after she gets her rest your mom will try her hand at your revised pattern :)
    I can't crochet soo unfortunately the pattern would do me no good :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, crocheting is VERY easy. I'm sure you'll be able to learn in about 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete